The lazy paleo breakfast
We get a lot of questions about what to eat for breakfast. This breakfast sounds almost too simple to be a recipe, but simple is good. The complete meal involves eggs, a bit of spinach and a few berries so that you have a variety of colors, nutrients and flavors. Easy, quick, reliable recipes are easier to stick with when you don't have a lot of time! I also like using fewer ingredients, because then they're often ingredients that I might have in my kitchen already, no special shopping trip needed. I'm all about making foods with few ingredients and with little prep time. I call it Lazy Paleo.
perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
Once you know how easy it is to make perfect hard boiled eggs, it is a simple breakfast, lunch or snack food. One of the secrets to this recipe is to immediately move the boiled eggs to an ice water bath when they're done. This not only helps to prevent overcooking, but also makes them easier to peel by shrinking the white of the egg away from the eggshell.
I serve eggs, spinach and a few berries and it is a quick weekday morning breakfast that my whole family will eat. Love it!
- 6 organic eggs
- 2 cups ice
- Place 6 eggs into a medium pot.
- Cover eggs with room temperature tap water. Fill until the water is about 1" over the top of the eggs.
- Heat the pot over high heat until the water boils.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot, and set a 10 minute timer.
- In the meantime, fill a large bowl with about with 2 cups ice and enough water to cover the ice.
- When the timer goes off, immediately place the eggs into the ice water and let sit for at least 1 minute before peeling.
Easy Sauteed Spinach
Feel free to add minced garlic, garlic powder or fresh lemon juice to make this more exciting, but for quick morning meals, I like it to be as simple as possible.
- 4 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or avocado oil
- pinch of salt (to taste)
- pinch of pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until melted or shimmering.
- Add the spinach plus salt and pepper. Saute until tender about 3 minutes.