Looking for breakfast options that aren't loaded with sugar or starches? This healthy and delicious chia seed parfait is gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free. It DOES contain lots of healthy fats, protein and fiber to start your day with sustained energy! Top with fresh or frozen berries to add sweetness and color to this simple breakfast. These can also be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
SET TIME: 15 minutes (or overnight in refrigerator)
SERVINGS: 1 - 2
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1⁄2 cup of coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- Fresh or frozen berries
- Mix coconut flakes, chia, and hemp seeds in large bowl.
- Add coconut or other (non-dairy) milk.
- Mix together. Let sit for at least 15 minutes (to give chia seeds time to absorb liquid from the milk).
- Can be left to sit in refrigerator overnight for maximum thickness.
- Top with fresh (or frozen) berries & serve!